Windows - Phones - Visionen
G'day - Druckversion

+- Windows - Phones - Visionen (https://www.wpvision.de)
+-- Forum: WPVision.de (https://www.wpvision.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Forum (https://www.wpvision.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+---- Forum: Vorstellungsrunde und Meinungskiste (https://www.wpvision.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=199)
+---- Thema: G'day (/showthread.php?tid=11089)

Seiten: 1 2

G'day - Klaus1979 - 21.07.20

lloyd schrieb:I do wonder whether there is any point in trying to modify paging file/virtual memory?

No, this does not lead to any significant improvement, on the contrary, you can also make the page file smaller, between 64 and 128 GB. Under "For developers" on the device you will also find access to the device portal. In the device portal you can see exactly which app needs how much resources. You can also see that most apps mainly use RAM.

lloyd schrieb:Yes exactly (haha at the 404 page).

Ups.

:embarrased:

Test Test

That is correct now, but the article is written in German.

https://www.deskmodder.de/blog/2017/07/12/adblocker-fuer-windows-10-mobile-steht-zum-download-bereit/

G'day - lloyd - 21.07.20

Klaus1979 schrieb:Many roads lead to Rome, we like to say in German.Big Grin In your case, the easiest way is to use Interrop Unlock. The last version, as far as I know, is this.

InteropTools_2.0.96.0_x86_x64_arm_th1_LegacyRelease.appxbundle

But you can also use this for the Interop Unlock.

InteropToolsApp_1.9.400.0_arm.appxbundle

This variant is better known as "RC2". However, I would not go back any further. Already in RC2 not all functions are available which have later variants, but it would be enough for the Interop Unlock.

First you switch to developer mode on the 830. In the German menu navigation, the path reads, All Settings / Update and Security / For developers.Big Grin Install the Interop Tools of your choice, start the Interop Tools with "This Device" or "This Device (through provider extensions)" and switch in the Interop Tools to Unlock / Interop Unlock. Now switch on "Restore NDTKSvc" and restart the 830. After the restart you visit Interop Unlock again and switch on "New Capability Engine Unlock". Restart the 830 and visit Interop Unlock again after restart. If the switches for "Restore NDTKSvc" and "New Capability Engine Unlock" are still on, the interop unlock was successful.

Thanks Klaus, you legend!

I found (on XDA) and used
InteropTools_2.0.96.0_x86_x64_arm_th1_LegacyRelease.appxbundle. No provider extensions were found (I was not sure which to install) so I used "This Device" only. I followed your instructions, enabling then restarting only Restore NDTKSvc and New Capability Engine Unlock. I did not switch on Interop/Cap Unlock. After my second restart, both switches remain on: success!

The Ad blocker seems to work well. If you don't want to start a Telegram account, I can upload it for you?

I have noticed some visual "tearing" when scrolling up and down on the phone (e.g. on web page or start menu). Is there any performance penalty to Interop Unlock? I guess if I revert my changes, the hosts file will be intact.

Now I wonder, do I want to take my 950 to Rome? Big Grin

G'day - lloyd - 21.07.20

Klaus1979 schrieb:No, this does not lead to any significant improvement, on the contrary, you can also make the page file smaller, between 64 and 128 GB.

Interesting. Is making it smaller just reducing wear on the flash storage? Or does this also stop the system transferring from memory to storage? I would have thought it would try to maximise use of memory anyway.

lloyd schrieb:Interesting. Is making it smaller just reducing wear on the flash storage? Or does this also stop the system transferring from memory to storage? I would have thought it would try to maximise use of memory anyway.

Yes, it is definitely interesting. The page file on my devices with more than 8GB eMMC was 2GB for a long time. Then we found that there are no positive effects. But look at that in the portal yourself.

Big Grin

lloyd schrieb:Is there any performance penalty to Interop Unlock? I guess if I revert my changes, the hosts file will be intact.

As far as I know, the Interop Unlock does not lead to a higher system load. There is no additional app running, you actually only grant higher rights with the Interop Unlock. I honestly don't know whether you can undo the interop unlock.

The jumps in the image structure are related to the new rendering engine, the older devices work very differently with it. I have a 1020 (S4) that renders absolutely perfectly with 1709 as if the 1709 was made for it. On another 1020, the image composition is absolutely cruel. Did you flash the 830 or did you continue where you were?

lloyd schrieb:
Now I wonder, do I want to take my 950 to Rome? Big Grin

The easiest way to bring the 950 to Rome is unfortunately a bit rockier than for the 830. You need WPI and you have to unlock the boot loader first. For some builds you can do root access with WPI which corresponds to the Interop Unlock.

Do you want to know more?

Big Grin

G'day - lloyd - 22.07.20

Klaus1979 schrieb:Yes, it is definitely interesting. The page file on my devices with more than 8GB eMMC was 2GB for a long time. Then we found that there are no positive effects. But look at that in the portal yourself.

Big Grin

Curious, I might try to reduce it to 128 MB. What do you run your 950 at?

Klaus1979 schrieb:As far as I know, the Interop Unlock does not lead to a higher system load. There is no additional app running, you actually only grant higher rights with the Interop Unlock. I honestly don't know whether you can undo the interop unlock.

OK it should be fine. I might try to hide Interop Unlock in Settings, I read somewhere I can modify a manifest file and the app will only appear in the Extras list.

Klaus1979 schrieb:The jumps in the image structure are related to the new rendering engine, the older devices work very differently with it. I have a 1020 (S4) that renders absolutely perfectly with 1709 as if the 1709 was made for it. On another 1020, the image composition is absolutely cruel. Did you flash the 830 or did you continue where you were?

It's not very bad, I will see if it gets worse. My mother may not notice at all. The phone was reset using WDRT then upgraded to W10. After final upgrade to 1709 I did hard reset then interop tools.

G'day - lloyd - 22.07.20

Klaus1979 schrieb:The easiest way to bring the 950 to Rome is unfortunately a bit rockier than for the 830. You need WPI and you have to unlock the boot loader first. For some builds you can do root access with WPI which corresponds to the Interop Unlock.

Do you want to know more?

Big Grin

I'm tempted... so your method is WPI and not vcREG?

I would want to make a complete backup of my 950 first. I think the OneDrive backup service is not running now, but I did see someone describing how to make an image of your phone which you can restore using some command line on your computer :11: have you done the same thing?Smile

G'day - Klaus1979 - 22.07.20

lloyd schrieb:Curious, I might try to reduce it to 128 MB. What do you run your 950 at?

Yes, that's an issue in itself. It depends on what you do with the devices. 32MB are sufficient for the GSM classics, telephony and SMS. But you shouldn't take less, because then Windows creates a second file that you can't get rid of. The largest addressable value is 2GB.

min. 32MB

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"PagingFiles"=hex(7):75,00,3a,00,5c,00,70,00,61,00,67,00,65,00,66,00,69,00,6c,\
00,65,00,2e,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,20,00,33,00,32,00,20,00,33,00,32,00,00,00,\

max. 2GB

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

"PagingFiles"=hex(7):75,00,3a,00,5c,00,70,00,61,00,67,00,65,00,66,00,69,00,6c,\
00,65,00,2e,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,20,00,32,00,30,00,34,00,30,00,20,00,32,00,\

It is also interesting that Windows uses the swap file for the app cache, in M the swap file is principle available, but deactivated.

With 0GB, I don't have a 950, but I have two 950XL. Both run at 256GB, but not because I want it that way, but because it can't be changed. There is WoA on both and there the rabbit runs a little bit differently.

Big Grin

lloyd schrieb:OK it should be fine. I might try to hide Interop Unlock in Settings, I read somewhere I can modify a manifest file and the app will only appear in the Extras list.

Why do you want to do this, what advantage should it bring? Are you afraid that your mother will play with it? You can also delete the IT. Most changes are made in the registry, what has been changed remains until it is changed again, whether IT is on the WP or whether it is not on it.

lloyd schrieb:I'm tempted... so your method is WPI and not vcREG?

Yes, the VCReg method is only supported up to 1607, with the update to 1703 or higher the adjustments by VCReg are set back to the Windows standard. With WPI you can unlock the boot loader for every build, but you cannot run root access for every build. Please read the "Getting started" exactly. Visit the official site, Rene has also made a nice video in which he briefly describes how it works (english).

https://www.wpinternals.net/

lloyd schrieb:I would want to make a complete backup of my 950 first. I think the OneDrive backup service is not running now, but I did see someone describing how to make an image of your phone which you can restore using some command line on your computer have you done the same thing?

You can switch on the backup under All Settings / Update and Security / Backup, a backup file is created on OneDrive which can also be used by other devices connected to this account. You can also set which app data should be included in the backup. Under All Settings / Accounts / Sync Settings you will find further options that can be synchronized with the connected account. This service still works for Windows 10.

The paths are taken from the German menu navigation, which is different in the Hungarian menu navigation, but I don't think.

If you want a real backup and don't want to knot your brain, you will end up at WPI again. With WPI you can create backups of the partitions EFIESP, MainOS and Data, all three together result in a full flash backup. You can use the created backup to extract individual data or you can play it back or create a ROM from it. For custom ROM you have to read yourself, I never get to it because I am so lazy.

Big Grin

G'day - Klaus1979 - 23.07.20

Unlock Alternative

https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/windows-10-mobile-apps-and-games/app-interop-tools-versatile-registry-t3445271

G'day - lloyd - 27.07.20

Hi Klaus, I took a holiday from thinking too hard about phone hacking Smile
Seeing as my mother will be a light user, I won't try to change her paging files. I have a 950 XL with a broken screen somewhere, I might dig it up some time and try WoA as well :15:

Klaus1979 schrieb:There is WoA on both and there the rabbit runs a little bit differently.

Big Grin

I have been on too many adventures "down the rabbit hole" recently Wink

Zitat:Why do you want to do this, what advantage should it bring? Are you afraid that your mother will play with it? You can also delete the IT. Most changes are made in the registry, what has been changed remains until it is changed again, whether IT is on the WP or whether it is not on it.

I took your advice and didn't try to alter the manifest!

Zitat:Yes, the VCReg method is only supported up to 1607, with the update to 1703 or higher the adjustments by VCReg are set back to the Windows standard. With WPI you can unlock the boot loader for every build, but you cannot run root access for every build. Please read the "Getting started" exactly. Visit the official site, Rene has also made a nice video in which he briefly describes how it works (english).

https://www.wpinternals.net/

I looked into this, unfortunately my 950 is already too "new" for WP Internals, it only supports up to version 15254.547, when I am on 15254.603...

Klaus1979 schrieb:Unlock Alternative

https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/windows-10-mobile-apps-and-games/app-interop-tools-versatile-registry-t3445271

This method for "x50 devices" uses vcREG to replace NDTK, after reading the last of that thread I'm nervous to touch my 950!

Zitat:You can switch on the backup under All Settings / Update and Security / Backup, a backup file is created on OneDrive which can also be used by other devices connected to this account. You can also set which app data should be included in the backup. Under All Settings / Accounts / Sync Settings you will find further options that can be synchronized with the connected account. This service still works for Windows 10.

The paths are taken from the German menu navigation, which is different in the Hungarian menu navigation, but I don't think.

If you want a real backup and don't want to knot your brain, you will end up at WPI again. With WPI you can create backups of the partitions EFIESP, MainOS and Data, all three together result in a full flash backup. You can use the created backup to extract individual data or you can play it back or create a ROM from it. For custom ROM you have to read yourself, I never get to it because I am so lazy.

Big Grin

You're right it still works! But the SMS backup service has stopped now...
I got excited when I found https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/how-to-backup-windows-10m-rom-t3404216 and https://protobetatest.com/2018/08/20/rdc-authentication-required-i-just-got-a-prototype-what-do-i-need-to-do-now/
I am not afraid of command line tools, but I don't think there is a method to do this until I have mass storage access.
I don't think you are lazy! Thank you for answering all my questions, in English as well Big Grin

I have dug out a 640 to use as my test phone, although I just discovered it is SIM-locked...

G'day - Klaus1979 - 27.07.20

lloyd schrieb:Hi Klaus, I took a holiday from thinking too hard about phone hacking
Seeing as my mother will be a light user, I won't try to change her paging files. I have a 950 XL with a broken screen somewhere, I might dig it up some time and try WoA as well

Ha ha! A little bit drained? Step by step is the motto for such things.Big Grin

Have you read into the WoA matter yet? Basically a very simple thing, if you know what you are doing.Big Grin

lloyd schrieb:I took your advice and didn't try to alter the manifest!

Good.

lloyd schrieb:I looked into this, unfortunately my 950 is already too "new" for WP Internals, it only supports up to version 15254.547, when I am on 15254.603...

This method for "x50 devices" uses vcREG to replace NDTK, after reading the last of that thread I'm nervous to touch my 950!

This refers to the root access. You can also run the bootloader unlock with 1709 .603 and then you can also switch to mass storage mode. For the root access there are alternatives which are unfortunately not completely satisfying.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/development/1-1-2016-permanently-interop-unlock-wp-t3283516

Developer apps can be installed, but you don't have the same access to the system as with Introp Unlock. Some areas of the registration remain blocked. Also, there is no real full access to the system drives, some areas remain inaccessible via MTP. The best unlock way for all x50 and other Windows devices is to exchange the NDTK packet as described here and then the Interop Unlock.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/win...istry-t3445271

lloyd schrieb:I got excited when I found https://forum.xda-developers.com/win...m-rom-t3404216 and https://protobetatest.com/2018/08/20...eed-to-do-now/

Why?

lloyd schrieb:I am not afraid of command line tools, but I don't think there is a method to do this until I have mass storage access.

You don't have the mass storage mode for this. Theoretically, the NDTK packet must be replaced at the latest by 1607 and then remains in place until 1709. The Interup Unlock has to be executed with every new build. I have tested this on various x50 and it has never really worked for me. At the latest with the 1709 my lumias were tight again. Just try it out. You have to flash anyway.

lloyd schrieb:I have dug out a 640 to use as my test phone, although I just discovered it is SIM-locked...

In the Bundesrepublik the SIM unlock works by having the device unlocked by the provider. For this you have to get in contact with the provider. Unfortunately I don't know how it works for you.